How to take part in BLOOMING MONDAY
- Identify a group that will take part - ideally in your workplace or school but it could be a group of friends.
- Try to start organising your event a few weeks beforehand to allow people time to organise themselves.
- Build some support by showing the group the flyer and/or putting up the posters - see below.
- Once you have some support, get the idea approved if this is necessary then try to get all your supporters to spread the word to involve others.
- Encourage discussion about what to wear.
- If you wish to raise any money for Mental Health Research UK, have a bucket for contributions on the day - there is a label you can use in the Toolkit below.
- Have a fun day and talk about mental health and well-being. See facts about mental illness
- Maybe organise your own competition for your Brightest Bloomer.
- On the day, organise group and individual photos and post them on the BLOOMING MONDAY facebook page. By doing this you will spread the word to all your friends and enter everyone for the ‘Global Brightest Bloomer’ competition.
- Ideally send any money collected by cheque (click here for more on this) or txt BLOO22 and the amount to 70070
- Whilst it is ideal if you do Blooming Monday on Blue Monday, 16th January,
if this date doesn't work for you just pick another date near then.
Thank you and have a blooming good day.
It’s very easy to take part. If you are interested please Download the posters, flyer and toolkit:
Please join us for our depression awareness campaign,
Wear your brightest clothes to start conversations about mental health and raise awareness of depression and seasonal affective disorder.
Thank you to everyone who supported Blooming Monday