Mental Health Research UK at a glance 2015/6
Highlights of the year
● We awarded two new PhD Scholarships, one in Schizophrenia Research to Manchester University and one in Anxiety Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder to Oxford University.
● Our Blooming Monday campaign led by Trustee Ann Dickinson and Henry Parkinson saw significant growth in numbers of those taking part.
● Our supporters raised an amazing £32,000 through events and challenges.
● Support from Charitable trusts was a major source of income this year.
● Overall, thanks to your generosity we raised over £200,000 this year, a brilliant result.
● We successfully held our first Scholar’s day
Our objectives are
● To protect and promote the health of the public by research into the nature, causes, diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure of all forms of mental illness, and in particular the development of the research findings into practical applications for the prevention, treatment and cure of mental illnesses.
In furtherance of the primary objective
(i) to provide information and raise public awareness and in particular public understanding of such matters;
(ii) to build research capacity by way of the provision of fellowships and/or training awards and/or scholarships; and
(iii) to encourage the collaboration in research and the sharing of information both within the UK and worldwide.